These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter: Stena Line, First Floor, 6 Arlington Street, London, SW1A 1RE. Registered Number 1402237
2. Eligibility: Open to residents of the UK, ROI or France, aged 18 or over excluding employees and their immediate families of Stena Line, their agencies or anyone professionally connected with this promotion. Entrants must own a pet for the purposes of this promotion.
3. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter.
4. Instructions: To enter, go to www.stenaline.co.uk/pawsomepets and complete all details as indicated.
Please ensure that you have the necessary authority and permissions when submitting a photograph or video clip that may feature or reference others. You will need to include the following information as part of your entry:
• Your name, contact details (email address and mobile number) and location.
• Confirmation you are aged 18 or over and resident of UK or Ireland.
• Details of the scene in your photograph/video, and details of your pet, including species, name and age are required.
5. Names, personal details and contact details which you provide as part of your submission, shall be reviewed by Stena Line and selected agents involved in the verification or judging of entries, and will be captured, processed and stored in accordance with our Privacy Notice: https://www.stenaline.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy
6. Only one photograph or video clip per entry. A photograph must be supplied in JPEG format and no larger than 250 MB. A video must be no more than 2 minutes (120 seconds) long, saved in .MOV/.MPGE4/.MP4/.AVI/.WMV and no larger than 250MB
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries if they are:
• entries which do not prominently feature a pet
• entries made in breach of these terms & conditions (of which instructions form part);
• entries where you have not obtained the consent of any persons featured in your photograph or video or have not obtained the consent of the pet owner to submit a photograph or video of their pet;
• entries which include inappropriate, discriminatory, illegal or offensive content; entries that are not original or legitimate (such as a library images or composite/photoshopped images)
• dishonest entries
8. Photograph/Video: Applicants must ensure that the Photograph or Video they submit:
• is an original work and does not include any content, material or rights owned by any third party;
• Features a pet owned by the applicant, or a pet that is cared for by the applicant where the applicant has the pet owner’s permission to take part in this promotion;
• does not include any brands or trademarks owned by any person (other than a reference to the Promoter)
• does not contain discriminatory, obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content;
• does not include content which would be contrary to the values included in the Judging Criteria;
• does not include any content which is or may be in breach of any applicable law regulation or code requirement or which may cause the Promoter to breach any applicable law regulation or code requirement;
• does not include any content which may serve to adversely impact the reputation of the Promoter, the Stena Line brand or trademark
• does not (and is not likely to) infringe the copyright, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and
• does not breach any agreement with any third party.
• Applicants must ensure that (where feasible) they have the consent of any person featured in the photograph or video should it be a winning entry, for it to be used by the Promoter for the purposes of the Promotion.
• The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entry which it deems is inappropriate or in breach of these terms & conditions or remove any such photo or video from any media controlled by the Promoter and to exclude it from the judging process.
• Winning Entrants agree to assign all rights to the photo or video to Stena Line and their nominated agencies to publish, edit and or share as they see fit in including but not limited to, on their social media platforms, digital channels, on board Stena Line ferries or in terminals, or via advertising on television, radio, press or outdoor media.
9. Bulk applications made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that team or group’s applications in a way that is not consistent with the terms of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
10. The promoter will verify all entries prior to making any award, including (but not limited to) establishing the eligibility and authority of the person submitting the application and the ownership of the pet featured in their submission. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold any award, or the opportunity to be considered for an award, until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
11. No Purchase Necessary
12. Promotional Period: Opens 13/06/2023 and closes 23.59 07/07/2023.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
14. Winners Selection: All valid entries received by the closing date will be reviewed by a judging panel – at least one of whom will be an independent judge. The judging will take place by 21/07/2023 and the winners will be notified within 3 calendar days.
The aim of the judging process is to create a compilation montage of images and/or video clips which the judges feel best embrace the concept “Is your pet a Stena Line su-paw star?”. The judges will select a minimum of 10 images/video clips which, in their opinion, they believe will work together to create a compilation that best reflect the following values (Judging Criteria):
a) Shows your pet being ‘holiday ready’ – examples might include wearing sunglasses, sitting with their bags packed, strapped into the car, or lounging on the beach!
b) Gives the judges a sense of your pet’s personality and sense of fun;
c) Demonstrates some additional creativity in the composition or originality or mood of the photograph;
d) Is demonstrably real, authentic and honest (for example, not photo-shopped)
Please note that technical excellence of the photograph/video will not necessarily be a deciding factor.
A minimum of 10 photographs/videos will be chosen by the judges using all the above criteria. The judges reserve the right to select more than 10 photographs/videos if the quality of entries received justifies it. In creating the final edited compilation, the promoter and their agency reserve the right to crop, edit or enhance any images submitted or to add other imagery and graphics as they see fit.
15. PRIZES: There will be a minimum of 10 winners selected. Each winner will receive a prize of a return trip for car & 2 passengers and pet lounge or pet cabin subject to availability on Stena Line Irish Sea routes. Prize travel will be valid for use for 6 months from date of issue All travel dates are subject to availability at time of booking.
16. The winners will be notified by phone/email within 3 calendar days of judging and their names will be published on Stena Line’s social media platforms. Prize winners must acknowledge this Notification within seven (7) days and must also provide such other documentation as the Promoter may reasonably request to confirm their award including legal ownership of the pet.
17. It is a condition of accepting any prize award that consent is given for the winner’s photograph/video to be used to create the compilation which will then be used for the purposes of the promoter.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw any prize if it reasonably suspects that the relevant winner is not eligible under or has not fully complied with the terms and conditions.
19. Winners will be required to take part in reasonable photographic and other publicity in connection with this promotion.
20. The name and country of the winners will be available for 3 months after announcement date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
21. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part, except owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
22. Ferry Pawfather/ Ferry Pawmother: Entrants also have the option to nominate their pet for selection as a Stena Line Ferry Pawfather/ Ferry Pawmother. To nominate a pet for this honorary position, entrants must complete the additional nomination details required including providing additional information regarding their pet, and why he/she deserves to be a Ferry Pawfather/Pawmother.
23. Ferry Pawfather/Pawmother Winner Selection: All valid nominations received by the closing date will be reviewed by a judging panel – at least one of whom will be an independent judge. The judging will take place by 21/07/2023 and the winners will be notified within 3 calendar days.
The aim of the judging process is to appoint one or more Pawfathers or Pawmothers to be Stena Line representative(s) to take part in PR activity to promote Stena Line’s pet-friendly services. This will include, but is not limited to, taking part in video and photo shoots, attending events, and personal appearances. Photos and videos featuring Pawfathers or Pawmothers may be used on board Stena Line ferries or used in press, TV and social media.
The judges will be looking for the following qualities in Ferry Pawfathers or Pawmothers (Judging Criteria) which will account for 80% of the final score:
a) A family pet with a gentle nature
b) A pet with personality and character
c) A pet who is photogenic and a good representative of their species in terms of general size, health and wellbeing
d) Any other features or attributes which elevate this pet above others and makes it deserving of being selected as a Ferry Pawfather or Pawmother
The judges’ shortlisted selection of candidates will be shared on Stena Line’s social media channels w/c 24/07/2023 A further 20% of the final score for each will be allocated based on the reaction to each shortlisted entrant. Reactions will include likes, shares, forwards and comments from date of posting for 7 days. The entry with the most reactions will receive the maximum 20% score, which will be added to the score awarded by the judging panel. All other entrants will be scored pro rata out of 20% based on the reactions, and again, their scores will be added to the scores awarded by the judging panel to determine the winner(s).
The judges may appoint more than one Ferry Pawfather or Pawmother should they see fit.
The judges reserve the right not to appoint any Ferry Pawfather or Pawmother in this nomination period, if the number or quality of the nominations for the position does not meet their minimum standards. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any finalist if there is evidence of any attempt to interfere with the social media poll or to alter the outcome of the judging process.
24. PRIZE: in return for giving their permission for their pet to take part in various PR and social media activities including – but not limited to – photo and video shoots and Pawsonal appearances, the owner of each Ferry Pawfather or Pawmother selected will receive a return trip for car & 2 passengers and pet lounge/pet cabin subject to availability on Stena Line routes between Ireland, Britain and France. Prize travel will be valid for use for 6 months from date of issue. All travel dates are subject to availability at time of booking.
An additional payment of £50 will be made to the pet’s owner to cover travel expenses for each additional event or photoshoot they attend.
Before accepting any prize, the owner(s) of Ferry Pawfathers or Pawmother will be required to agree to assign all rights to any content including photos and videos featuring their pet to Stena Line and their nominated agencies to publish, edit and or share as they see fit, including but not limited to, on their social media platforms, digital channels, on board Stena Line ferries or in terminals, or via advertising on television, radio, press or outdoor media.
25. General: The Promoter reserves the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control and where circumstances make this unavoidable. Neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the website. Neither can we be held responsible for the failure to fulfil the obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although we will always endeavour to minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 4 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
27. By submitting their entry including their photograph or video submission for the Promotion, all entrants agree to grant the Promoter permission to use the contents of their application for promotional purposes in any of its social media pages (including without limitation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in digital publications and on its website and across any other media (including media owned or controlled by third parties) without further permission or remuneration.
28. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Promotion or receipt or misuse of any prizes.