Brexit Information

Will my European driving insurance continue to be valid post Brexit?

People travelling to Europe in their own vehicles are advised to check with their insurance providers to ensure the validity of their policy for driving in EU countries.

For travellers intending to drive in Europe we recommend contacting your motor insurance provider in advance in order to obtain a Green Card prior to travel. This document is used to demonstrate the validity of your insurance when driving abroad and should be carried in the vehicle during your time in Europe. Caravan owners may need a separate Green Card for their caravan



Read more about Green Card and insurance requirements when driving abroad in the EU here


The above Q&A is based on latest government advice which may be subject to change.