Our strong ethos of care, for our customers and colleagues, is helping us navigate this extremely challenging time. Stena Line Irish Sea sailings are operating to schedule in this unprecedented and evolving situation. Our Freight operation continues in order to transport essential goods and supplies between the UK and Ireland. On our Travel business we will be scaling back the capacity levels per ship to match the lower demand from those travelling for essential reasons and allow more space for social distancing from now through to the end of May.
We will continue to work with and be guided by all of the relevant agencies and adapt to this ever changing situation as required.
PROTECTING YOU AND OUR CREW
Hygiene and cleanliness are our top priority and all of our team are fully briefed and trained to ensure the highest standards of hygiene are practised at all times. Our dedicated and hardworking teams onboard and at our ports have greatly enhanced our already stringent cleaning procedures, disinfecting and sanitising hands, all public and private spaces and especially high contact surfaces such as door handles, counter tops and payment machines. We are taking as many measures as possible to protect you and our crew and we have shared these here.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We would ask all of our guests to practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 1 metre (3.2 feet) between fellow guests and our crew members. This applies to when you are seated, when queuing for food, whilst in our shop, at Guest Services or whilst returning to your vehicle on our car decks. Please note that if you are using the lift, no more than 2 people are permitted in the lift at any one time. Where possible we would ask you to use contactless or card payments rather than cash. We would also ask that you practice good hygiene if you cough and sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve. Regular and thorough hand washing is critical and our bathrooms are fully stocked with soap to facilitate this. We are taking as many measures as possible to protect our passengers and crew and we have shared these measures here. We request that all customers familiarise themselves with and adhere to the official guidance provided in relation to the current situation. This guidance can be found on: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Hygiene and cleanliness are our top priority and all of our team are fully briefed and trained to ensure the highest standards of hygiene are practised at all times. We are taking as many measures as possible to protect you and our crew whilst in our terminals and onboard our ships:
- All of our team have access to gloves and hand sanitiser.
- Social distancing at our terminal and onboard is being enforced to protect our staff and customers. We have reduced our passenger levels to enable our guests to sit at a safe distance from fellow passengers.
- Notices are in place and markings to ensure a minimum distance of 1 metre (3.2 feet) is in place where people queue for example foot passenger check-in, at till points and outlets onboard. We are also staggering disembarkation so that guests returning to the car deck can maintain the appropriate social distance with fellow guests.
- We have reduced the printed materials you will receive at check-in to an absolute minimum to include where appropriate: Stena Plus card, Hygge card, Cabin Key cards and window hangers. You will not receive a boarding card.
- Upon embarkation we advise all passengers to wash and sanitise their hands.
- Our public toilets and en suite cabins are fully stocked with soap. Hand sanitisers and alcogel is also available for our customers.
- Our air conditioning system uses 100% fresh air.
- Our Stena Plus menu is printed and for single-use only.
- We have removed all complimentary newspapers, magazines, leaflets and brochures in our cabins and Stena Plus Lounge and all other brochures have been removed from the vessel.
- Our Stena Plus complimentary range is now wrapped products only.
- Cutlery is now wrapped in napkins and will be presented to you – we no longer have our cutlery on public display.
- All baked onboard products have been removed and replaced with wrapped products only.
- Disposable cups now reinstated in all areas.
- For now we no longer accept re-useable cups on board.
- We encourage all customers to use contactless card payment methods where possible at our ports and onboard.
- Where possible we will provide single occupancy cabins for our commercial freight drivers.
- Freight drivers can take their meals to their cabins should they prefer to do so.
Fully flexible fares
We fully understand that you may be concerned about your current and future travel plans, and we want to help where we can, so we have removed amendment fees on all 2020 bookings up to 30 April and are allowing cancellations with full refund.
We have included the most up to date information in our frequently asked questions, but if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you are in the UK call us on 03447 707 070 or email email@example.com.
If you are in the Republic of Ireland call us on 01 907 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
How do I amend my booking?
We recommend you visit the “Manage Booking” section of our website where you can amend your sailings. Click here to amend your booking online, and click here for instructions on how to amend your booking.
Finally we understand you may have a lot of questions about your travel plans. Our frequently asked questions below will be updated should anything change.