19th-23rd August 2010, Amsterdam
SAIL 2010 is a 5-day festival of nautical delights within easy reach of central Amsterdam. A vast fleet of tall ships (think Pirates of the Caribbean) and a host of other boats gather to celebrate sailing, music, dance and watersports, with plenty of fun for the whole family:
Where to stay
- Sailing processions – hundreds of ships take part in the sail-in parade, including the pirate-style ships
- Tall ships regatta – greet the winning tall ships as they come into the Amsterdam harbour after racing from Hartlepool, England
- Music and dance – nautical themed and mainstream performances both on stage and on deck.
- Fireworks over the water – enjoy stunning displays, or catch the action from the water by taking a cruise.
- Sail on a tall ship – try your hand at sailing, with lessons from an experienced crew. You’ll steer, navigate and even climb the mast if you dare.
SAIL 2010 takes place on Amsterdam’s IJ river, which runs through the city centre and opens out into the vast sea-lake Makermeer. Hotels near Amsterdam Central Station are ideally located. Find out more about SAIL 2010
Book your tickets to Holland with Stena Line