WITH the school holidays fast approaching leading ferry company Stena Line has slashed the prices of their day trips to help keep families entertained and ensure they can make the most of the holidays, without breaking the bank.
As families throughout Scotland continue to tighten their belts and watch what they are spending, Stena Line’s Head of PR and Communications, Diane Poole, OBE, explains why you don’t have to spend a fortune to have fun this summer.
“The school holidays can seem very long for parents who don’t have the time or money to head away for a week or two on holiday,” said Diane.
“To give parents a helping hand Stena Line has come up with a list of cost effective day trips that are better value than ever to inspire families and help them get that summer feeling!”
“Hopefully our list will inspire parents to plan family day trips that suit their budget and make the most of the school holidays,” concluded Diane.
From as little as £19 per adult and £14 per child families can take a day trip to Belfast. This price includes an inclusive Belfast Visitor Pass that provides return travel to and from Belfast port to Belfast City Centre, free travel on all Metro and Ulsterbus buses and Translink trains within the Belfast area and discounted entry at many major attractions, off many Belfast tours and on food and drink at selected restaurants and cafes.
Day trips you can afford this summer:
- Giants Causeway & Bushmills Distillery by coach was £36 per adult and £34 per child, now £32 per person. A family
(2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £120.
- Giants Causeway via the Antrim Coast Road was £32 per adult and £30 per child, now £26 per person. A family
(2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £99.
- Titanic Belfast by coach was £28 per adult and £24 per child, now £23 per adult and £19 per child. A family (2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £79.
- Belfast Zoo by coach was per adult and £23 by coach, now £20 per person. A family (2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £75.
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum by coach was £26 per adult and £22 per child, now £22 per adult and £19 per child. A family (2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £75.
- City Sightseeing Day Trip to Belfast was £22 per adult and £19 per child, now £19 per adult and £16 per child. A family (2 adults and 2 children) can travel from £59.
- Family Day Trip to Belfast (up to 2 adults and 3 children) was £50, now £40.
- W5 Discovery centre by coach was £26 per adult and £22 per child, now £21 per adult and £19 per child.
- Day trip to Belfast with Belfast Visitor Pass was £20 per adult and £14 per child, now £19 per adult and £14 per child.
To book any of Stena Line’s great value day trips or for further ideas on keeping the kids entertained this summer visit www.stenaline.co.uk/daytrip
* Fares shown are web fares. Trips by coach are subject to a minimum number of people travelling. Service fees apply to non–web bookings. All offers subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply. See website for full details.
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information, please contact Stephanie Todd at Duffy Rafferty Communications on
028 90 730880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org