• ‘Member’ means a member of Compass Points.
• ‘Card’ means the Compass Points card.
• ‘Account’ means the account to which the Member’s Compass Points are credited and debited.
• ‘Account address’ means the address used for all correspondence concerning the account.
• ‘Partners’ means any organisation which provides services to members by reason of their membership and does not imply the existence of a partnership in legal terms.
• ‘Stena Line’ is a trading name of Stena Line Limited (registered in England, No. 1402237). Registered Office: 1 Suffolk Way, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1YL.
• ‘Stena Line Holidays’ is a trading name of Stena Line Holidays Limited (registered in England, No. 549588). Registered Office: 1 Suffolk Way, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1YL.
• ‘United Kingdom’ means England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and is regarded as a single country for membership purposes.
1. Membership is open to individual residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland who are 18 years or over. 2. The Compass Points scheme is not open to employees of Stena Line or associated companies. 3. Applications to join Compass Points will be accepted only from individuals and not from companies or other organisations. 4. Enrolment must be in the applicant’s full legal name. 5. Enrolment is for an initial period of 12 months from the date of acceptance. Upon enrolment, the member will be issued with a Compass Points Blue Card, an account and membership number. 6. By signing his/her card, and/or quoting his/her membership number to any Partner or employee or agent of Stena Line, the member confirms that he/she has read and understood the Terms and Conditions, and he/she agrees to them and is eligible for membership. 7. Stena Line Compass Points cards remain the property of Stena Line. 8. Stena Line reserves the right to decline to issue or withdraw the scheme at any time, or to terminate or change the Compass Points facility without notice. 9. By becoming a member of Compass Points, the member consents to Stena Line creating, maintaining and updating in electronic form data that is personal to the member. Such data will include name, address, crossings made and Compass Points accumulated. Data will be updated and maintained for the purpose of providing relevant information and services to the member. 10. Stena Line does not warrant or guarantee that any benefits, facilities or arrangements, expressed or advertised as available to Compass Points members by Partners, will be available, though Stena Line will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that they are. 11. Stena Line will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the provision or non-provision of benefits, facilities or arrangements expressed or advertised as available to Compass Points members by Stena Line or Partners. 12. The standard conditions of Stena Line apply to all bookings and travel. All bookings are subject to the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Stena Line product purchased. See our website for full details. Promoter: Stena Line Limited, 1 Suffolk Way, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1YL, England.
Collecting Compass Points
13. Compass Points are collected at the rate of 1 point for every £1/€1 spent on eligible ‘port to port’ fares and 1 point for every £2/€2 spent on Rail & Sail, Landbridge fares, Stena Line Holidays, and fares with entrance fees or coach tours included, booked direct with Stena Line or at a travel agent. Points will be credited on completion of travel and are valid for 730 days after they are earned if you have a valid membership. Compass Points cannot be earned on any amount paid for by Compass Points. Members may only collect points on journeys they have personally travelled as lead passenger. The fare types eligible for the collection of Points will be determined by Stena Line and may vary from country to country and/or route. Members may obtain details of current eligible fares from their local Stena Line Compass Points office. 14. The term ‘port to port’ refers to ferry-only travel i.e. where no other element has been included in the price, such as hotels, cottages, over-nighters or connecting transport. In addition, Compass Points may not be collected on group/coach, freight, vans up to 6.5 metres in length used for commercial purposes and contract rate bookings. 15. No cabin or other facility purchased after embarkation will be eligible for Compass Points. 16. Expenditure on qualifying Stena Line tickets by a member made within 28 days prior to the receipt of the Member’s application, will be credited to the Member’s account provided that the Member submits the relevant booking reference. 17. Members who have reached 750 points during their current membership period will be awarded Compass Points Gold Card status and will be eligible for additional benefits associated with this status. These benefits may vary by route and/or vessel as determined from time to time. Gold Card status is reviewed and may be rescinded at the end of the current membership period. To continue membership of Compass Points you must earn more than 200 Compass Points during your membership year.
Redeeming Compass Points
18. Compass Points may not be exchanged for cash. 19. Compass Points are redeemed at the rate of 10 pence/cents each for Blue Card holders and 15 pence/cents each for Gold Card holders. 20. Compass Points may be redeemed online or by contacting the Stena Line Compass Points Helpline via advertised telephone numbers. 21. Compass Points may be redeemed up to 2 years after they were earned, provided the membership remains valid however once points expire they are no longer available for redemption. 22. No Compass Points may be redeemed by an individual once membership has expired. 23. The identification of the member will be required when exchanging the Member’s points. Compass Points may be used only by the Member and are not transferable. 24. Compass Points can be used as full or part payment against the selected ‘port to port’, Rail & Sail, Landbridge, Stena Line Holidays and fares with entrance fees or coach tours included, as stated, subject to availability. The fare types for redemption of Compass Points will be determined by Stena Line from time to time in its absolute discretion and may vary from country to country and/or route. Members may obtain details of current eligible fare types from the Stena Line Compass Points office. 25. Compass Points are only valid for full or part payment of Stena Line qualifying bookings for travel commenced during the member’s current membership period. 26. Compass Points cannot be redeemed on group/coach, freight, vans up to 6.5 metres in length used for commercial purposes or contract rate bookings. 27. Members may only redeem points when they are personally travelling. 28. Membership of the Compass Points scheme is not available to members of the Stena Line Business Traveller scheme.
Theft or Misuse of the Card
29. Stena Line cannot accept responsibility for Compass Points cards which are lost or stolen or for any use of the card by an unauthorised person. Members may apply for a replacement Compass Points card in the event of their card being lost or stolen. Stena Line, however, cannot guarantee to replace Compass Points which have been used due to lost or stolen cards. The use of a personal password is strongly recommended. 30. The identity of the individual wishing to have Compass Points credited to an account, or wishing to take advantage of Compass Points offers onboard must be the same as that on the card. Proof of identity may be required. Members must sign their name on the reverse of their membership card. Intentional misuse by a member will result in immediate termination of the member’s Compass Points membership and subsequent loss of all accumulated benefits.